In order to register for this course, you must have already completed Foundation Cognitive Coaching Days 1-4.
The mission of Cognitive CoachingSM is to produce self-directed persons with the cognitive capacity for excellence both independently and as members of a community. Research indicates that teaching is a complex intellectual activity and that teachers who think at higher levels produce students who are higher achieving, more cooperative, and better problem solvers. It is the invisible skills of teaching, the thinking processes that underlie instructional decisions, which produce superior instruction. Cognitive CoachingSM is a research-based model that capitalizes upon and enhances teachers’ cognitive processes.
In the eight-day Seminars, participants learn how to:
- develop trust and rapport
- develop an identity as a mediator of thinking
- utilize conversation structures for planning, reflecting and problem resolving
- develop teachers’ autonomy and sense of community
- develop higher levels of efficacy, consciousness, craftsmanship, flexibility and interdependence
- apply four support functions: coaching, evaluating, consulting, collaborating
- utilize the coaching tools of pausing, paraphrasing, and posing questions
- distinguish among the five forms of feedback
- use data to mediate thinking
For more details on the content of this course, please visit: http://www.thinkingcollaborative.com/
PLEASE NOTE: ALL PRICES ARE IN HONG KONG DOLLARS